THE GALACTIC SENATE

The official forum of the sg_starwars mailing list. We are now also at www.facebook.com/GalacticSenate
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:58 pm 

I was taking my break this Good Friday, so was surfing around, looking at the 'hypercubes' and stuff which leads to 'time travel' and then come to this term called 'Predestination Paradox', a.k.a 'Causal Loop' or 'Causality Loop'.

In fact this element inspired many sci-fi films and other interesting action films. The famous ones are Terminator, Back to The Future and the recent Butterfly Effect.

So coincidentally, SW had this element too...just i didn't realise.

Quote:
In Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Anakin Skywalker sees a premonition of his wife Padmé's death during childbirth. This incites him to try to keep her alive, which eventually results in him seeking the Dark Side. This in turn causes Padmé to lose her will to live, and she dies in childbirth as was foreseen.

-quote from wikipedia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:52 pm 

So as it says: No one can escape fate and the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:58 pm 

heh heh but if Anakin had remain true to his Jedi code & did the right thing, i believe Padme would'nt have died. as Yoda wud say "Always in motion the future is." thus the premonition Anakin had could possibly represent only one of the many paths the future may take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:14 pm 

GenXstealth wrote:
So as it says: No one can escape fate and the future.

He has to turn evil by seduction or by forced one way or another in order for the whole cycle to complete. :( :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:25 pm 

Commander Faie wrote:
He has to turn evil by seduction or by forced one way or another in order for the whole cycle to complete. :( :cry:

As in Anakin needs to turn evil?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:19 pm 

I think when he learned about the drak side power he could not say not as, I think he wanted the power to save padme. But when he became the vader we all know he regretted his actions when he was told padme died.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:23 pm 

i think Padme will still die even if Skywalker doesn't turn.

Sidious will make sure that it looks like it is Skywalker's fault that Padme died.
Persuades Skywalker to join the Dark Side claiming that the Jedi didn't care about Skywalker's wife.

And a grieved Skywalker eventually joins the Dark Side.

i see it this way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:36 pm 

freefly wrote:
Commander Faie wrote:

As in Anakin needs to turn evil?

In a way, so that he lowers the over flooding jedi count, so brining the Good Side down, and in the process balancing the force. But then the sith is controlling everything. So his extension comes to play, luke and leia, to maintain that balance of the force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:42 pm 

my thoughts on this matter is that Anakin doesnt need to turn to the Dark Side to bring balance to the Force. according to Lucas the Sith are like cancer & thus need to be eliminated. i believe it is not a matter of balancing as in the case of a weighing scale where good=bad. this is b'cause at the end of ROTJ, the scale still tips in favour of the Light Side, where Jedi=1 (Luke) & Sith=0. And yet the prophecy is fulfilled.

thus if Anakin had remain true to the Force & assisted Mace to kill Palpatine, the Force could have been brought into balance in ROTS & Padme wud still be alive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:57 pm 

I agree here... the balance referred to here is not an Eastern concept of balance, ie. yin and yang... but a Western concept of balance, good vs. evil, and eventually the triumph of good over evil.

Of course, this brings up the question of... was the Force out of balance in the first place, during the time of the Old Republic, when there were a certain number of Jedi, and apparently no Sith (or so the Jedi thought...)??

Hmmm, what do you think?
________
Csi: miami forums

Last edited by JediJean on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:10 am 

I believe during the Old Republic, the Force was thought to be in balance after the seeming destruction of the Sith at the Battle of Ruusan. With the Sith in hiding, in accordance with Dath Bane's teachings, their influence wasnt felt until recent times. However, with the unfolding of the dark times, the Force was again out of balance due the growing strength of the Dark Side as it emerges to the surface during Palpatine's tenure as Dark Lord.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:51 pm 

The force seems to be a bit unbalanced during the galactic republic as the jedi are really qualified as 'arrogant'. (Note: LKY states that if he's arrogant, would he talking to the person asking the qn)

So the jedi deserves a whacking... since their arrogance is consider a bit of the 'bad' part of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:43 am 

i think it all started with the death of his mother ......