THE GALACTIC SENATE

The official forum of the sg_starwars mailing list. We are now also at www.facebook.com/GalacticSenate
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:15 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:59 am 

I have always wonder upon these questions and see this as a direct related queries to the upcoming ep3. To me ep2 explain why history and whereabout of the beginning of clonewars..ep1 is really the episode that drives alot of queries. I am as curious and excited to watch ep3 to complete my cycle.Any comments are welcome

Q1. who exactly is anakin birth father in ep1 when the conversation between anakin's mother Shmi Skywalker and Qui-Goon review he is strong in force and might be the chosen one to balance the force by the Jedi prohecy?

Ans:The implication is that Anakin Skywalker had no human father but was in fact conceived by the microscopic Midi-Chlorians themselves. Whether this process was spontaneous or induced remains to be determined

Q2:Is that the last of Qui-Gon?
Ans: The 2004 Star Wars novel Yoda: Dark Rendezvous by Sean Stewart, who is reported to have been given the entire Episode III script to read, reveals that Yoda and Qui-Gon have been talking for years. The book includes this conversation, discussing Dooku:

"Cunning it is. If I move to see him, I must keep any Republic ships away from the Hydian Way. Deny the chance of peace utterly, must I, or else give him extra months unharried in his lair."

"He is a fencer," Qui-gon agreed. "Leverage, position, advantage--they are as natural to him as breathing."

"My old student--your old Master, Qui Gon. The truth he is telling?"

[color=red]"He thinks he is lying."
Yoda's ears pricked up. "Hmm?" [/color]

He thinks he is lying.

A slow smile began to light Yoda's round face. "Yessssss!" he murmured.

A moment later Yoda felt a vibration in the Force, a ripple rolling out from the student dormitories far below, like the faint sound of distant thunder. Qui-Gon shivered and was gone, as if the Force were a pool of water and he a reflection on its surface, broken up by the splash of whatever disturbance had just struck the Temple.
There is the distinct possibility that Qui-Gon's presence was weak immediately after his death, and progressively strengthened so that he became able to sometimes speak with his old friends, and eventually even to appear to them as a ghost or vision. This would be consistent with Old Ben Kenobi first connecting with Luke only as a voice. It was three years after the events of Star Wars: A New Hope that Ben first appeared visually to Luke, when he was lost in a snow storm on Hoth.

Qui-Gon is also mentioned in the Clone Wars series of cartoon shorts made for the Cartoon Network, for instance in Episode 21 describes this scene:

Next, we see Jake Lloyd age Anakin with Qui-Gon. They have much the same discussion that Yoda and Luke have in Empire before going into the tree to face his fears. “Control you fear,” Qui Gon says, “You are The Chosen One.” The scene appears to be a Yoda’s dream and he’s not pleased.

Anakin, fed up with being called a boy says to Obi Wan, “As far as wisdom goes, you’re no Qui-Gon Jinn.” Obi Wan is surprised but agrees. “Not a day goes by I don’t look to his guidance,” he says."

Q3.Why didn't Qui-Gon Jinn disappear when he died like Ben Kenobi and Yoda did?

Ans:Jinn's failure to disappear upon death is a good question, and one that Lucas says will be addressed. Lucas is cryptic on the matter, but does imply that Ben Kenobi's statement (to Darth Vader) that, "if you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" is very important to this. An unofficial possibility is that both Yoda and Ben Kenobi had time to meditate and prepare for death, whereas Qui-Gon died suddenly in battle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:49 pm 

gui gon death was a too bad case >_<

http://geekgirlgummygalimatias.wordpress.com/
https://www.facebook.com/neotokyoproject

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:33 pm 

Things could've been different if Qui Gon hadn't died... but I wonder what would happen to Obi-Wan...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:29 am 

Yoda and Obi-wan may hav only know of the "eternal life" AFTER Qui-Gon Jinn informed them. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:34 pm 

I'm thinking if Qui Gon hadn't died, Obi-wan will probably still become a Knight, and will probably be in the Jedi Council sometime later... Then Anakin may not have turned to the Darkside... a lot of possibilities...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:43 pm 

Right, if Qui-Gon Jinn sit in the Council, Obi-wan may not have the chance to sit in the Council.

Btw, anyone know how Obi-wan become a "General"??? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:04 pm 

If I'm not wrong, almost all Jedi Masters are Generals in the GAR (except for those who refused to serve in the army). Padawans are usually Commanders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:22 pm 

i wonder why there wasnt any voice-overs by qui-gon in ep 3, it was detailed in the novel... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:32 pm 

Yeah, thought Liam Neeson is recalled back to do this converation scene with Yoda, but don't understand why its not even included in DVD's deleted scences, real upset abt that myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:15 am 

that's because liam wasn't called back. in fact he wasn't even called back to do the voice-over in AOTC. anyway the ROTS qui-gon scence only made it to the animatics stage with ben burtt providing the voice. apparently liam made some nasty comments in an interview a few years back about starwars which it would seem made him less of a friend in george's eyes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:15 am 

Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free
freefly wrote:
that's because liam wasn't called back. in fact he wasn't even called back to do the voice-over in AOTC. anyway the ROTS qui-gon scence only made it to the animatics stage with ben burtt providing the voice. apparently liam made some nasty comments in an interview a few years back about starwars which it would seem made him less of a friend in george's eyes

and we were all anticipating it in both ep2 and 3... =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:13 am 

Well, that's too bad. Anyway, at least QuiGon's voice is heard in Ep2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:22 am 

Location: Clonetrooper Land - Where the clones troopers roam free
Tomcat wrote:

"no anakin no"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:31 pm 

e3lipse wrote:
Tomcat wrote:

"no anakin no"?

How much is he going to charge? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:02 pm 

he didn't get to charge :wink: that line from AOTC "Anakin Anakin No..!!" is taken from TPM. "Anakin" is taken from the line "Anakin Drop!" looped twice & added with "No"